"Not a pet for the faint-hearted"
(Video courtesy of Andrea M. Do note the additonal plastic pipe frame Andrea added inside. Very nice!)
Stroller not included in the price.
Dimension: 15" L x 15" W x 32" to 38" H
Weight: 8 lb. 10 oz. to 9 lb. including
- Shoulder strap 3 oz.
- Backpack strap 7 oz.
- Wide suppport panels 12 oz. to 15 oz.
- Floor panel 4 oz. (removable to reduce weight)
- Stainless steel cup 4 oz. each
- Dragon wood perch 16 to 32 oz. (depends on size)
Perch and cup position (from Floor, seam to seam measurement):
- 32" height - 16", 18" and 20"; cups at 24" above floor
- 34" height - 18", 20" and 22"; cups at 25.5" above floor
- 38" height - 20", 22" and 24"; cups at 28" above floor
Fabric: 1680 Denier nylon
Lining: Grey color nylon
Mesh Type: Stainless Steel
Color: Olive or Gold with light Grey reflective strip and black color trim
Detachable parts include:
- One pair of backpack straps
- One shoulder strap
- One pair of wide plastic support panels
- One detachable plastic floor panel
- One roof support bar
- One base support aluminum bar
- Two 5 oz stainless steel cups
- One dragon wood perch (all included)
Many thanks to customers who have posted videos online. THANK YOU!
I have had this cage for only about a week. First of all the attention to detail is impressive-how it is constructed, places for cups, toys, perches just where the bird wants them (materials are really high quality, zippers etc are all really well constructed). The cage is working out really well (which is an understatement), Darwin (B&G Macaw) steps right into it (he was a little wary of it the first time or two though). Now he loves going places-for the first time he can ride with the top down in a convertible, visit the ocean cliffs safely, trips to the woods and so on. We have had a travel cage before but was always challenging to coax him into it. So far, he so looks forward to going somewhere, that he steps right into it. The cage is great for him and for us!
I have always wanted to be able to take my Blue Green Macaw along for rides and to Petco, with this traveling bag I now do as often as I can. He was a little temperamental about getting in and staying in at first but once we took our first trip out he was hooked. Now he gets excited when he sees the bag and gives little to no problems getting in (depends on if he feels up to it). I like my Celltei pak-o-bird very much, I did not like the price. I think it is very pricey for the bag and probably would not buy another. It was an investment for my Parrots future traveling.